I recently received my first blogger "award", The Kreativ Blogger award. This blogger-love-sharing award was passed on to me by Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama (thanks!). The rules for accepting the award state that I must:
· Share seven things about myself
· Pass on the award to ten deserving bloggers
So, here are a few things about me:
1. I'm short. Like, as in 5 feet tall, short. I also love being small because I can still fit on some kids equipment. Fun!
2. I appreciate a dark sense of humor. I love parody, satire, and sarcasm. Unfortunately, these are totally inappropriate when gentle parenting a young child so you will rarely see this side of me on my blog.
3. I also love toilet humor. I think farts are hilarious, not because they are "forbidden" but because the sound of a fart is inherently hilarious (pfffft!prrrrp!bllp!). Fortunately, this type of humor is totally appropriate for gentle parenting so it may slip in from time to time. I hope my readers are not too offended.
4. In my early 20's, I believed that Bob Marley was my soul mate -- we were just born too many years apart. I still love reggae and value his lyrical messages about love and simple living, but my husband has my heart.
5. My mother and I are both non-native English speakers. Actually, I was bilingual when I first started talking but English has been my primary language most of my life.
6. Before the age of 22, I had circumnavigated the planet twice. I paid for it entirely by myself, mostly with crappy, minimum wage jobs. Choosing to travel rather than go to college right away was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
7. Although I have a master's degree in evolutionary biology (also self-funded by scholarships, work, and loans), I have been a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none". I have been a bread slicer in a bakery, an au pair, a shiatsu masseuse, a deck hand, a scuba diver, a cancer researcher, a teacher, a bird surveyor, and many other professions, both exciting and dull. Being a full-time mother has
allowed compelled me to change and grow in ways that no adventure ever has before. I am perpetually grateful to have this amazing "job."
Now for the second part of the award: who to pass the award on to next.
There are many blogs that I love and follow. Some have already received this award so I've purposely left them out to give others a chance to participate (if any on my list have already participated, I apologize). At the risk of creating an annoying chain-letter type of phenomenon, I didn't include every blog on my reader, although they are certainly all "deserving"! Alas, here are the 10 bloggers to whom I pass on the Kreativ Blogger Award: